Thursday 5 May 2011

AlumNUS

if the word AlumNUS is copyrighted please don't sue me.

So I'm now an alumnus of the National University of Singapore and it's such a humbling feeling. I feel like part of a family, not just the family that is PGP Exchange Students 2011, but the general NUS family. Actually, I lie. I just really like the idea of having more privileges than a normal undergrad. I think that's why I'm so eager to be a Manchester alumnus too.. just so I can feel more special than the majority. I'm weirdly egotistical like that.

So anyways, we were all first told that we were now Alumnus at the Farwell Party. We recieved a little NUS Passport Holder a bag some other stuff, and then they sent our Alumnus card in the post. So now I've got that! But I decided that I won't consider myself as an alumnus until my final exam. That came yesterday! The exam itself probably didn't go too well, but to heck with it!

Anyways I'm just happy I've done this now. I've met some great people from all over the place USA, Canada, the Basque Country, South Korea, the Maldives, Iran, Turkey. It's been great and I'm really grateful to the Univeristy of Manchester for providing the opportunity and to my friends who helped me write my application in Grosvenor Place GC Kitchen last year! If you have the opportunity, take it. I'm about to embark on 3 weeks travelling... the most fulfilling year of my life in my opinion. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment