Friday 9 March 2012

A belated Happy International Women's Day

A belated Happy International Women's Day tous le monde!
Yesterday I spent it at Google's London offices. We had a big Hangout with women in their Accra, Lagos, Nairobi, Kampala and Johannesburg offices. There was an opening remark from Professor Angela Ofori-Atta and some closing remarks from Ory Okolloh. Altogether a great experience culminating with a live interview on citizentv in Kenya.

Sadly, I'm not sure the participants or the tv show could hear my remarks as they were often met "ok..." No actual reference to my comments. Ah well, hopefully next time I have a better opportunity and come a bit more correct with my opinions too.

We were also the only students in a big hangout of practitioners. We're on the early side of the timeline with much more to learn. It was worth it, a great learning curve for me. IWD is all about building women up and I'm female, I feel built up so therefore I guess it's achieved it's goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment