Wednesday 6 June 2012

Post 100

I wanted to post 100 to be special, had to resist the urge to rant about the events of the past weekend, or coo over the Queen. I didn't think I would find something until I read this stanford entry on African Ethics.

If I encourage you to do anything, it is to read it. All of it. But particularly sections 2, 3, 7 and 8. Think about what the author is saying about the foundations of our society's ethics, then think also to George Ayittey's comments at the BBC Africa Debate about democracy vs consensus, and then think about the system that Africa is trying to develop itself in. Many have argued that Africa's failures are due to the fact that our political systems and social constructs are foreign to our cultural ideals. The more I read, the more I'm inclined to agree.

Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment